Safety, Warranty and Regulations
PRODUCT USE AND SAFETY
Please read this section carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may void the product warranty.
- Consult your physician or healthcare provider before starting an exercise program or weight reduction.
- PulseOn provides highly accurate heart rate measurements, but it is not a medical device. All details provided by PulseOn are a rough guide only, and involve a margin of error.
- This device is intended for measuring heart rate during such exercises as running, walking, cycling and other daily activities. Hand movements may impair measurement accuracy in racquet sports such as tennis and badminton.
- Clean the sensor area by washing regularly with water to maintain optimal performance.
- This device is waterproof (IPx7) to a depth of one meter.
- Keep the device out of reach of small children.
- Do not attempt to remove the battery from the device.
- Do not use a damaged USB cable.
- To avoid damaging moving parts and electronic components, do not use or store the device in dusty or dirty conditions.
- Do not store the device in hot conditions (above 45˚ C / 113˚ F) or cold conditions (below 5˚ C / 41˚ F).
- Do not attempt to open the device.
- Do not drop, knock, or shake the device. Rough handling and vibration can damage internal circuit boards and sensitive mechanical components.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents or powerful detergents to clean the device.
- The use and standby times are approximate, and may be affected by device settings, use of features, battery condition, temperature and other factors.
Under the following terms and conditions, PulseOn Inc. (“PulseOn”) hereby warrants that this product is free from defects in material and workmanship resulting in Product Failure during normal usage:
- The limited warranty for the Product extends for ONE (1) year as of the date of sale of the Product to its original purchaser (“the Consumer”).
- During the limited warranty period PulseOn will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace defective parts, or parts that fail to operate correctly for their intended use, with new or reconditioned parts where required due to Product malfunction or failure during normal use. The limited warranty shall not cover defects of appearance, decorative or structural items, including housing and non-operative components, or costs involved in dismounting or reinstalling the Product. PulseOn does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Product.
- The Consumer shall enjoy no coverage or benefits under this limited warranty if any of the following conditions apply:
- The Product has been subjected to physical abuse, immersion in water to a depth of more than 1 metre, abnormal use or conditions, improper storage, unauthorized modification, connection or repair, misuse, neglect, improper installation, damage in transit, or other measures for which PulseOn is not responsible.
- The product has been damaged by external causes such as collision with an object, or by fire, flooding, sand, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake or damage from exposure to weather conditions, theft, improper use of any electrical source, damage caused by software viruses, bugs, worms or Trojan Horses, or by connection to products that are not recommended by PulseOn for interconnection.
- PulseOn was not advised in writing by the Consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction in the Product within fourteen (14) days of expiration of the applicable limited warranty period.
- If warranty repair is required, then the Consumer should contact PulseOn to request instructions for returning the Product (see www.pulseon.com/support). PulseOn will repair or replace the damaged Product within thirty (30) days of receiving it together with a copy of an itemized receipt showing the date of purchase. At its sole discretion, PulseOn may refund the price paid by Consumer after deducting a reasonable sum for use. PulseOn shall not be liable for any loss of data during repair.
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE FOREGOING LIMITED WRITTEN WARRANTY. OTHERWISE, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL REMAIN THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PULSEON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF ANTICIPATED BENEFITS OR PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR OF ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, DOWNTIME, THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING CUSTOMERS, OR INJURY TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF PULSEON KNEW OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. PULSEON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY, OR FOR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD WHEN THE PRODUCT IS BEING REPAIRED.
- Under no circumstances shall the liability of PulseOn under this limited warranty exceed the actual cash value of the Product at the time when the Consumer returns the Product for repair, determined as the price paid by the Consumer for the Product minus a reasonable sum for use.
- PulseOn neither allows nor authorizes any authorized service center or any other person or entity to assume for PulseOn any other obligation or liability beyond those expressly provided in this limited warranty. This shall remain the entire warranty between PulseOn and the Consumer, superseding all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings, whether oral or written, relating to the Product, and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms. This limited warranty shall apportion the risk of failure of the Product between the Consumer and PulseOn. The said apportionment is recognized by the Consumer and reflected in the purchase price.
* PulseOn is a registered trademark of PulseOn Inc.
PulseOn declares under its sole responsibility that the product is in conformity with the provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. A copy of the Declaration of Conformity may be viewed at http://PulseOn.com/declaration_of_conformity/.
FCC regulatory information
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy, and may cause harmful interference to radio communications if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to attempt to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit that is independent of the circuit to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult a dealer or experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment under FCC rules.
This device complies with Industry Canada license‐exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
© PulseOn. All rights reserved.
PulseOn is a registered trademark of PulseOn Inc.
Bluetooth™ Smart is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
The crossed-out wheeled bin means that within the European Union the product must be taken to separate collection at end-of-life. Do not dispose of these products as unsorted municipal waste.